Archive Mode. Call Galerie Protégé ended on 8/15/17, 11:59 PM. Call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Want to open the 2017- 2018 season in New York amidst the top artists and galleries in the world? Well, this is your opportunity!
Galerie Protége is announcing an open call for the next big artist to be featured in a group show opening on September 7th in Chelsea, New York. The 3 jurors will select the artists from the open call submissions for an exhibition at Galerie Protége to run from September 7 – October 3, 2017.
Who are we?
Jaclyn Acker,owner and director of Galerie Protége – an exhibition space located in NYC's Chelsea gallery district.
Alison Pierz, independent curator and former gallery owner/director
Jamie Martinez, artist and publisher of ArteFuse, a contemporary art blog
What we’re looking for:
- Artists residing in the U.S.
- Contemporary original 2D and 3D work in any medium including painting, prints, drawings, photography and digital images.
- Artwork should not exceed 30” in the longest dimension
What’s in it for you?:
- The exhibition will be promoted with an article about the group show
- One lucky winner will be featured in an interview on ArteFuse.com
- Sales will be encouraged and artists will receive 50% commission on the retail price of the artwork sold.
How you can submit:
- The submission fee is $30 for 3 images or $5 for each additiona image up to 5 images.
- Submissions begin June 1st and end August 15th, 2017
- Register and submit at the green "Register" link at the top of the screen
Other important stuff:
- If selected, artists will be responsible for the transport of their artwork to the gallery as well as collection of unsold pieces from the gallery
- Art must be received within the alloted timeframe of one week after approval (by August 30th)
- The gallery is not responsible for damage to artwork that is poorly displayed or damaged in transit.
- All works on paper MUST be framed and ready to hang
- Artists are responsible for the display of digital media (monitors, etc) and 3d artwork (pedestals, mounts).
Don’t miss this great opportunity to have your work reviewed by these outstanding jurors for this group show and possible future shows with Galerie Protége!